About Taste of the Nation
How Taste of the Nation Helps
Chefs, Sponsors and Guests Raise Critical Funds
Funds raised through Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation support serious efforts to make sure no child grows up hungry.
Taste of the Nation events raise funds that support No Kid Hungry™, Share Our Strength’s campaign to end childhood hunger in America by 2015. Through No Kid Hungry, Taste of the Nation funds help...
- Enroll more eligible kids in school breakfast, after-school snacks and meals, and their families in SNAP (food stamps).
- Bring community gardens and farmers markets to low-income neighborhoods.
- Bring affordable, fresh fruits and vegetables to urban corner stores.
- Teach at-risk families how to plan, shop for, and prepare healthy, low-cost meals at home.
- Meet the pressing demands on local food pantries, food banks and soup kitchens to provide for more nutritious food.
- Increase awareness and understanding of childhood hunger and solutions to it.
In addition to supporting Share Our Strength’s work to end childhood hunger in America, a percentage of funds raised through Taste of the Nation events support advocacy and sustainable community development in Haiti, Mexico, El Salvador and Ethiopia. This work, in turn, helps ensure that children in these countries get the food they need to thrive.